Thread: Backend developer upset designer did not follow Bootstrap grid. Whose fault?

Backend developer upset designer did not follow Bootstrap grid. Whose fault?

I own a large complex PHP site which needs to be made responsive. Its complex drill-down menu structure places limits on the design.

I asked my design shop to come up with a design that my back-end guy could bootstrap. But the design shop, without discussing the issue either with me or with the developer, produced a design which doesn't follow the bootstrap grid. My back end IT guy is unhappy and accuses them of incompetence. Is he a wuss to be unhappy, or should the design shop have tried to follow the grid?

if something is supposed to be done a certain way to make someones job easier then he is allowed to get upset about it.

I have faced similar issue. In this case, the instruction to the designer team should be clear like - Use 'twitter bootstrap version 3' and discuss if any issue arrived. The same thing is applicable in development also.

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnected View Post
    if something is supposed to be done a certain way to make someones job easier then he is allowed to get upset about it.
    I 100% agree