Thread: About the new forums

About the new forums

Hi everyone,

I used to be part of the old twitter bootstrap mailing list. Yes, the one that was murdered by SPAM. I tend to prefer mailing list to web forums, although in the end what matters is that the community moves over here.

I'm wondering though, what led you guys to use vBulletin? Why not use google-groups? Or perhaps, why not try something slicker like Discourse (http://www.discourse.org/) ?

Either way, kudos to whoever had the initiative to create a new discussion platform, and please, update the bootstrap docs and add a link to the forums there

Two reasons I went with vbulletin.

1. I had a license that was not being used so i figured i might as well put it to use.
    2. I've not had great experience with some of the free forums out there. On one of my other forums i noticed a huge increase in traffic once i switched from phpbb to vbulletin. Not sure why but the search engines did notice and like the change!

I've looked at other forum software and one that stands out of the xenforo forum. Never looked at discourse i'll check it out too.

This forum is starting to get more members and traffic so i'm going to ask MDO to add it to the official docs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Two reasons I went with vbulletin.

1. I had a license that was not being used so i figured i might as well put it to use.
    2. I've not had great experience with some of the free forums out there. On one of my other forums i noticed a huge increase in traffic once i switched from phpbb to vbulletin. Not sure why but the search engines did notice and like the change!

I've looked at other forum software and one that stands out of the xenforo forum. Never looked at discourse i'll check it out too.

This forum is starting to get more members and traffic so i'm going to ask MDO to add it to the official docs.
    Good post!