Thread: Bootstrap help for School Project - Making Buttons, Login and Database Work

Bootstrap help for School Project - Making Buttons, Login and Database Work

Hi everyone i have a school project that is due on friday and need some help. currently the issue i am having is making buttons work.

this is how my project currently looks like:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/k2zuxs.jpg

as you can my project is about Custom Building PCs for customers.

i need to link the shopping cart to all the parts the customer selects aswell as have each category display the each part with their own picture and each part has to have the add to shopping cart aswell.
    i also need to get the registration and login forms to connect to a working database. the database is only suppose to have the login info but it would be nice if it also kept track of all the parts that have been purchased or back ordered.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wilmer007; 08-17-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Seems like you are using a project as an excuse to me xD

But all you need to do is go on google and search up ajax shopping cart script, learn how it works and use it with the bootstrap framework and make it look unique to your project, as for your login and database, look up PDO logins they are supposed to be pretty secure (I don't write login scripts, just templates so I would be useless there) and google your database connection script and voila xD

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnected View Post
    Seems like you are using a project as an excuse to me xD

But all you need to do is go on google and search up ajax shopping cart script, learn how it works and use it with the bootstrap framework and make it look unique to your project, as for your login and database, look up PDO logins they are supposed to be pretty secure (I don't write login scripts, just templates so I would be useless there) and google your database connection script and voila xD

well i will keep all that in mind in case i need it.

today the professor is going to look over my project to see if i'm on the right track, completed or way off. i think i have a very nice looking project. i wasn't able to make much progress so what i did was i redid my ideas for the project and instead of making a working shopping cart and database i simply used already made pages of the products such as amazon and since amazon has a working shopping cart i didn't need to code the shopping cart and then i used a new navbar that i created based on the one i showed in the original post.

my project has a working database only for registering, signing in and signing out a user and that is all.

to put it simply my project basically is like a fake website that only displays what i feel are the best parts for each pc component (i added two for each component) like for instance an EVGA 980 and a sapphire 290x video cards. each page has description and specs for each product and then a button that you click that sends you to that products page on amazon for ordering. this button has a fake amazon referral link that would give the fake site the would be commission from amazon for every product ordered from amazon thanks to my fake website.

overall i am really happy with how my project looks and i hope the professor is to and will let me know today if i am missing anything or suggestions and comments so that i can have it ready for the Friday presentation.
    Last edited by wilmer007; 08-18-2015 at 02:26 PM.

well the professor told me that my project is currently worth a 50 because i am missing insert, and editing of the products using forms that connect to the SQL database which he added to the project and i wasn't aware of that so i have to now add that in. he said i needed to use the products i already have as web pages and store those products in phpmyadmin and to store the image urls within SQL. i didn't even know SQL could do that. how would i do that?

he also said something about using HTML special characters for things like taking all the HTML code from the already established web pages and have SQL convert the HTML with special characters so that PHP can read it. how would i go about doing this?