I'm very new to Bootstrap so please go easy on me.

Does iPad not like Bootstrap (or vice versa)?

I created a site which I thought was working really nicely - it does on EVERYTHING I'd tested with - but when my client turned up with their iPad there are problems all over the place. Here's the site - www.cairnsmorecottages.co.uk

Modal Not Opening
First issue is that my modal windows don't work - they just don't open on iPad. Try this page and click the "Check Availability" button (or try anyway!):
http://www.cairnsmorecottages.co.uk/...on-stewart.php

The code for this button is:
<button type="button" class="btn btn-success btncottages" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#StableModal"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-calendar"></span> Check Availability</button>

Modal Not Opening
Alongside this button is a standard button link which also doesn't work:
<a href="contact.php?c=SC" role="button" class="btn btn-success btncottages"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-envelope"></span> Booking Enquiries</a>

Form Fields Not Operating - Grid Related?
Then there's the booking form which has "date" input types and select drop-down menus which seem to work on the left, but not on the right:
www.cairnsmorecottages.co.uk/contact.php

The whole thing has got me wondering if I'm just missing some really fundamental Bootstrap vs iPad issues here so if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it as I only tend to make these mistakes once.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance offered. Cheers.
NJ