Thread: Renaming Root Folder Messes up Formatting

Renaming Root Folder Messes up Formatting

I'm using the "agency" theme off the bootstrap website. Pretty new to web development and bootstrap in general. I've noticed that renaming the root folder (startbootstrap-agency-1.0.6) completely changes all formatting, and I was curious if anyone knew why that was. I've been scratching my head trying to find a file that references the root folder that might need updating, but I can't seem to find anything. I need to be able to change the name of the root folder so I can reuse the formatting for other parts of my website.

Could any number of reasons. Would need to see your page code to help you.

Rick,

Here is a link to a jsbin version (wasn't able to figure out how to upload all the files, so it doesn't look quite right). http://jsbin.com/boyiseriri/edit?html,css,js,output

It's just taken straight from the bootstrap example so far.

http://startbootstrap.com/template-overviews/agency/

Still having issues retaining formatting when making other pages.

Root folder, I'm not sure what you are referring to? I downloaded and looked at this Agency web template in VS2014.
    All I can think of is if you change the name of any folder or make it a child folder, you have probably lost the link path to your style sheets and/or .js files.

I wondered if that might be the issue. I'm much more familiar with programming in C and C++ so I've dealt with linkages in those languages, but never in tag languages.

You can replicate the problem I'm having by renaming the folder named "startbootstrap-agency-1.0.6"

Would you know of a way I could go about fixing the linkage problems?

I would use the "find and replace" feature that most programming applications have. In VS that feature (ctrl + f) allows you to search and replace in the current document, the pages that are open or entire project.