Thread: Use bootstrap to create "product picker"?

Use bootstrap to create "product picker"?

Hi,

I was approached about creating a product picker for our companies website - but am not really a programmer.

1 - This "Product Picker" would ask 5 or six questions,

2 - Each question would have the ability to click one or more checkboxes.

3 - When it is submitted - it would then deliver 2-3 product choices based on the answers to the questions.

Not being a programmer - I am not sure how to approach this. I asked a programmer friend and he said "I'd use bootstrap"

Question 1 - Is bootstrap used for this type of application? (or did he possibly mean to use bootstrap to make it look good after is was built with javascript or something?)

Question 2 - If the answer is "Yes! You can build a web app using Bootstrap." - Where is a good source to learn this type of programming?

Question 3 - Is there a code site with Bootstrap Apps I could borrow from?

Any help would be appreciated. Excited to learn as I enjoy using Bootstrap on websites.

Thanks!

Bootstrap is basically a css element with limited .js functions.
    As I see it in what you are saying, you need to program events in either javacsript (jquery) or a language like C#.

Thanks a lot for the thread here. Can I use some templates for this purpose? I saw a lot of nice ones at http://www.templatemonster.com/boots...ite-templates/ for example which look really cool. What is your opinoin on them?
    Last edited by jodyj; 08-19-2016 at 10:32 AM.

No. Templates will give you a basic web site or in some cases "some" logic.
    You would need the web pages and background logic programming that interfaces with a database.
    Not knowing what programming language your are using, I would suggest you go to asp.net and view a few of their MVC tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Bootstrap is basically a css element with limited .js functions.
    As I see it in what you are saying, you need to program events in either javacsript (jquery) or a language like C#.
    Agree with you