Thread: Responsive Menu Help

Exclamation Responsive Menu Help

I am having a lot of difficulty making my menu responsive. When I set out to design the full size menu I didn't have responsive in mind, nor have I ever made a responsive menu. I assumed that in bootstrap it would let me use a completely different code for the menu on sm size but this doesn't seem to be the case. So my responsive menu the list items are still inline across the screen when they should be stacked on top of each other.

Any advice on how to accomplish a responsive menu that is separate from the design of my current menu.

I will post my code later today.

Much thanks!
    Austin

I am not sure if this will help you or not but take a look at the examples which bootstrap 3 provide.
    http://getbootstrap.com/examples/navbar/
    This navbar behaves properly on every device.

Hopefully it help you, you might need to adjust your markup though.

All the bootstrap examples seem to be in a certain format. i suspect mine isn't working because of the styles applies.

notice when you re size the screen to small the button appears like it should for phones but when you click on it the menu is presented horizontally and goes off the screen still.
    Last edited by theskillwithin; 07-17-2014 at 10:05 PM.

SOLVED: use media queries on the css for the menu. man I can't believe i didn't think about this.